Artist of the year
Mavis Little Artist of the Year Award and Exhibition
The Mavis Little Artist of the Year (Mavis Little AOTY) Award Exhibition showcases the year’s best artistic talent and rewards their talent with:
- $10,000 and
- a solo exhibition in the cato gallery for 1 week (VAS commission applies).
How to gain entry
Invitation to submit entries into the Mavis Little AOTY Exhibition is given to artists who have shown in at least two VAS Selected Exhibitions in the calendar year. Entry is to those receiving the highest number of selected member votes. The Mavis Little AOTY is awarded to the artist gaining the most votes for ALL exhibitions including the Mavis Little AOTY Award Exhibition in each year.
This award is unique as it is not awarded by a committee or judge, but by the peers of the winning artist and demands sustained performance over the exhibiting year. Invited artists may submit up to three works into the final exhibition.
Conditions of entry
- To be eligible to enter the Mavis Little AOTY Award Exhibition artists must be a financial member of the VAS.
- Works submitted for selected exhibitions must not have been previously exhibited at a VAS Exhibition or other Group Exhibitions at the VAS Galleries. Works submitted for the Mavis Little AOTY Exhibition should not have been exhibited previously at the VAS.
- Minimum price for sale for Selected Exhibitions is $250.
- Submissions that are too wide or heavy to be handled by one person will be rejected.
- Frames must be new or in as new condition, works may be rejected because of unsuitable mounting and framing. Aluminium frames must be provided with a hook placed 15″ (38.1cm) up from the bottom of the frame.
- A commission (28%) will be charged for each sale and the balance paid to the artist by cheque within fifteen working days of the end of the exhibition.
'Northern You Yangs' - Ray Hewitt - Winner 2017